You can ensure a safe and enjoyable experience during your visit, by following the Museum Guidelines listed below. In doing so you are also helping to preserve the Museum's artifacts for generations to come.
- Touch only those items labeled as 'Touchable' or that are interactive.
- Leave all food and drinks at the docent desk shelves provided. Food and drinks are not allowed within the exhibit areas.
- Children younger than 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Designated service animals are welcome throughout the Museum. all other pets are welcome to enjoy our lobbies and a fresh drink of water.
- Personal photography is allowed throughout the museum, unless otherwise stated.
- Tripods, stand lights, selfie sticks, any large extraneous photographic equipment, or drones of any kind are not permitted within the Museum without prior written approval.
- We ask you to please leave umbrellas and wet rain gear with our docent in the lobby.
- Only pencils are allowed to be used within the Museum. Please refrain from using exhibit surfaces for writing. We are happy to provide a writing surface upon request.
- Smoking is prohibited within the Museum or within 10 feet of its entryways. This includes the use of e-cigarettes or any electronic smoking device.
- Elevators are located on the main floor, second floor, ground floor, and on both floors in the Arabian Galleries.
- Wheelchairs can be obtained from the Visitor’s Center at the entrance to the Kentucky Horse Park. Please call the Kentucky Horse Park ahead of time, (859)233-4303, if you require special arrangements for a shuttle or need to rent a golf cart during your visit.
- Restrooms in the Museum are located on the ground floor, and the second floor entrance to the Arabian Galleries. All restrooms are wheelchair accessible and contain baby-changing stations. A Family Restroom is located in the second floor entrance to the Arabian Galleries.